Inflow of Investment is usually a joyous time for any business. A lot of effort goes in finding the right investor for a business or vice versa. When you do, it is important to have an investment contract that represents the interests of everyone involved. The investor would want to make sure his investment is protected, and the company will want to make sure that the funds are delivered smoothly and the founders have protected their stake in the venture. This makes writing a proper investment contract a critical first step in the business relationship. Clear & unambiguous investment agreement is very significant to establish a win-win situation for the parties involved in any PE, VC and M&A Deals.
This program will create a solid understanding of the documentary processes relating to PE/VC and M&A transactions, identifying commercial issues and producing clear instructions to lawyers and executives involved. It will also help in equipping with the technicalities involved in clear and well thought out term-sheet negotiation, proper deal structuring know-how to maximise returns and unambiguous deal documentation to avoid pitfalls and will enhance your deal-making skills that you can immediately put into practice.
Why should you attend?
- Get the inside track and experienced know-how
- Learn key principals of effective negotiation - softer as well as legal aspects
- Learn structural elements of deal & know-how to maximise the return
- Avoid damaging and costly mistakes when drafting your Investment agreements
- Develop creative, effective and bulletproof documents
- Understand how to translate the “deal” to paper while avoiding becoming a convict of forms
- Receive valuable and useful take-away: precedents, checklists, model agreements
Who should attend?
- Executives involved in PE/VC and M&A Deals
- Investment/Fund Managers
- Private Equity & Venture Capitalist
- Investment Bankers
- Law Firms & Consultants
- Corporate/General/In-house Counsel
- VPs & Managers from Legal Department
- Managing Directors & Senior Management
- CFOs and Senior Finance Executives
- Executives of M&A Team