8:00 am to 9:00 am
Tea & Registration
9:00 am to 9:15 am
Welcome & Introductory Remarks
9:15 am to 10:30 am
PANEL I: TAMIL NADU'S DEAL QUOTIENT
- Is Chennai's conservatism coming in the way?
- An assessment of the potential. Which are the sectoral drivers?
- Will deals be large or mini-sized?
- Will they be led by family-owned businesses or new economy sectors?
- How does this region compare to rest of India in terms of buoyancy, profile of deals and sectoral diversity
- What does it take to get these companies across the negotiating table?
Gopal Srinivasan - Chairman & MD, TVS Capital Funds (Chair)
Raja Kumar - Founder & CEO, UTI Ventures
C K Ranganathan - Chairman, Cavinkare Ltd.
N Kumar - Vice Chairman, Sanmar Group
George Thomas - Partner, India Value Fund Advisors
C. Venkat Subramanyam - Founder & Director, Veda Corporate Advisors
10:30 am to 11:45 am
PANEL II: FIRST GENERATION ENTREPRENEURS & PRIVATE EQUITY
- How they built it
- Case studies and experiences
- First gen Vs GeNext of Family business
HR Srinivasan - Founder, TAKE Solutions (Chair)
Sarath Naru - Managing Partner, VenturEast Fund Advisors
Sunil Theckath - Partner, India Value Fund Advisors
Hemu Ramaiah - Founder, Landmark Bookstore
Murugavel Janakiraman, Founder & CEO, BharatMatrimony
Satya Prabhakar - CEO, Sulekha.com
11:45 am to 12:00 pm
Tea & Networking Break
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
PANEL III: DEAL LOGIC: KEY ISSUES IN DEALMAKING
- Are valuations going down?
- When should companies strategically look at attracting external capital?
- What are the pros and cons?
- When is M&A and consolidation play a critical option?
- When is the right time in your business cycle to attract PE money?
Mini Menon - Senior Editor, BloombergUTV (Chair)
Rajesh Subramaniam - MD, Walden International
Reeba Chacko - Partner, Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A Shroff & Co
Dilip Dusija - Vice President, Axis Bank
T R Srinivas - Director, o3 Capital Advisors
Srikanth Narasimhan - Director, Veda Corporate Advisors
1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Lunch & Networking Break
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
PANEL IV: IS FAMILY BUSINESS READY FOR NEW MONEY
- What are their key expectations from PE players? How to marry family business values with PE money?
- How much of board control are they ready to give up?
- What about GenNext leaders?
- Are they more open to attracting money from these quarters?
- Are family-owned businesses, which constitute a large part of the corporate fabric, not yet ready to attract capital from PE investors?
Pradipta K. Mohapatra - Chairman, CFI Ltd. (Chair)
R. Dinesh - MD, TVS Logistics Ltd.
Vellayan Subbiah - Murugappa Group
Kami Narayan - Co-CEO, PreMedia Global
Subbu Subramanian - A Leading Private Equity Investor
Anupam Thareja - MD, Phi Capital
3:00 pm to 3:15 pm
Tea & Networking Break
3:15 pm to 4:15 pm
PANEL V: SECTOR FOCUS: BANKING & FINANCIAL SERVICES
- The NBFC capital of India
- Opportunities in consumer finance
Dr. Tara Thiagarajan - Chairman, Madura Micro Finance (Chair)
Subhasri Sriram - Executive Director, Sriram City Union Finances
PN Vasudevan - Managing Director, Equitas Micro Finance India
Muneesh Chawla - MD, Blue River Capital India
Deepthi Reddy - Head, IFMR Ventures
4:15 pm to 5:15 pm
PANEL VI: ACTIVE SECTORS IN TAMIL NADU: ARE THEY INVESTMENT WORTHY?
Focus areas: Automotive, Manufacturing, Textiles, Healthcare, Education, Consumer Business, Cleantech & IT.
Vikram Hosangady - Executive Director, Transaction Services, KPMG (Chair)
S. Susindran - CEO, Sabare International
V. Ganeshram - MD, Amoha Education
Kartik Parija - Managing Director, Zephyr Peacock India
Siddharth Dhondiyal - Vice President, India Value Fund Advisors
VT Bharadwaj - Vice President, Sequoia Capital India
5.15 pm to 5:30 pm
Vote of thanks
6:00 – 8:00 pm
Cocktails & Networking