8:30am - 9:45am
Tea & Registration
9:45am – 10:45am
Panel I: South India’s Private Equity & M&A Deal Appetite
In 2010, South India saw about $3.2 billion of PE money being invested across 140 deals, some of the key sectors being: IT, infrastructure, consumer discretionary, Healthcare, Real Estate, Industrials and education; the same segments led South India’s M&A worth $5 billion across 170 domestic and cross border deals.
- What is the road ahead for private equity investing in South India? What will be the ticket sizes?
- What is South India’s potential for more of large marquee private equity and M&A deals?
- Which sectors would lead these deals? Where are the attractive opportunities?
- Will we see more of mid-sized and smaller companies scaling up for private equity capital?
Jacob Kurian - Partner, New Silk Route Advisors (Moderator)
Sunish Sharma - Managing Director, General Atlantic
Shyam Sunder - Senior Managing Director, IDFC Private Equity
K Mahesh - Executive Director, Morgan Stanley Investment Banking
10:45am – 11:30am
VCCircle Redhot Sector I: Consumer Businesses
Compelled by the attractive Indian consumption story, private equity funds in the past year have invested in companies in the consumer durables, service brands, food & beverage, apparel and retailing categories.
- Which are the scalable consumer goods and services segments driven by the strong domestic demand? How attractive are they for private equity investment?
- With global consumer brands eyeing a bigger share in the Indian consumption story, do home grown consumer companies have the potential to seize a controlling presence in the market?
- Will we see the emergence of innovation led businesses? What is the scope for new business models?
- How to identify tomorrow’s fastest growing consumption categories?
Vikram Nirula – Partner, India Value Fund
VT Bharadwaj - Managing Director, Sequoia Capital
Niten Malhen- Managing Director, Warburg Pincus
11:30am – 11:50am
Tea & Networking
11:50am – 12:35pm
VCCircle Redhot Sector II: Healthcare
Over the last few years, Indian healthcare sector has advanced in its services and segments with rising income, accessibility to insurance, increased life expectancy in addition to other factors. Private equity funds have backed business models in healthcare delivery, equipments, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and lifesciences space.
- Which are the segments that continue to look attractive for private equity investors in the Indian healthcare play?
- What are the investable business models in healthcare delivery which is often categorized as a long gestation play? How do these models acquire scale? What are the opportunities in diagnostics?
- India’s pharma sector has generated companies which are playing a large role globally. What are the new investible opportunities today?
- What is the investment potential in biotechnology, medical equipments & devices? What is the investor interest?
Aluri Rao- Managing Director, Morgan Stanley Private Equity (Moderator)
Rajiv Vasudevan -Founder & CEO, Ayur Vaid Hospitals
Dr S Chandra Kumar -Managing Director, Shree Kavery Medical Care
Dr. Rajen Padukone- CEO, Manipal Health Systems
Dr. Ashwin Naik- CEO, Vaatsalya Healthcare
12:35pm – 1:30pm
Lunch & Networking
1:30pm – 2:15pm
VCCircle Redhot Sector III: Real Estate
With the advancing South India’s cities being supported by their economic growth, large residential, commercial properties in these cities have till date raised capital from various private equity funds.
- What are the new high return investment opportunities in South India’s real estate space?
- What are the project risks, execution and other challenges? How to private equity investors analyze these factors to filter investment opportunities?
Sanjeev Das Gupta - President, ICICI Real Estate
Ravindra Pai- Managing Director, Century Real Estate
Ashwini Kumar - COO, Nitesh Estates
Ram Chandnani – Deputy Managing Director, CB Richard Ellis
2:15pm – 2:40pm
Legal Presentation: AZB Partners
Aditya V. Bhat- Partner, AZB & Partners
Shreyas Jayasimha - Partner, AZB & Partners
2:40pm – 3:00pm
Tea & Networking
3:00pm – 3:45pm
VCCircle Fireside Chat: Emerging IT Businesses & Industry Consolidation
- What are the emerging business and trends in the IT products and services space? How scalable are these businesses?
- Which are the attractive innovations led business segments from the investors’ perspective?
- What is M&A and consolidation climate in the IT/ITeS sector? Which segments will see more of these deals?
Raj Kondur - Director, Ascent Capital (Moderator)
Shashank Singh- Managing Director, Apax Partners
Pramod Haque- Managing Partner, Norwest Venture Partners
3:45pm - 4:30pm
VCCircle Redhot Sector V: E-Commerce & Social Media
- How attractive are the E-Commerce and social media investment opportunities? Will they really generate value for stakeholders?
- What are the scalable and sustainable business models in this space? What is needed for these models' success today?
- Are the visible niche market segments attractive for investors? Will we see an increasing competition even in niche market segments?
Subrata Mitra- Partner, Accel Partners (Moderator)
Niren Shah- Managing Director, Norwest Venture Partners
Alok Mittal- Managing Director, Canaan Partners
Phanindra Sama - Founder & CEO, RedBus
T.C.Meenakshisundaram- Managing Director, IDG Ventures
4:30pm – 5:00pm
Panel II: Raising Angel Capital and Early- Stage Capital
Today, in India, hundreds of successful entrepreneurs, professionals and high net worth individuals have got into the early stage investment action. Bengaluru being a hub for entrepreneurship has attracted angels’ interest to this city.
- What are the kind of business ideas angel investors look for?
- How to select your angel investor? In addition to capital, what are the other value additions by an angel?
Mukund Mohan -Founder, Buzzgain (Moderator)
Bharati Jacob - Partner, Seedfund
Ravi Gururaj, VP Engineering, Data Centre & Cloud Division, Citrix Systems Inc
Samir Kumar- Managing Director- Inventus Capital
Anirudh Prabhakaran – Angel Investor, Indian Angel Network
5:00pm – 6:00pm
VCCircle Lounge I: For companies seeking private equity & venture capital investments
A special VCCircle initiative, where companies and investors can meet and network in a structured manner in a separate enclosure. Here 10 select companies can make a 5-minute elevator pitch to 10 select private equity investors and venture capitalists.
5:00pm – 6:00pm
VCCircle Lounge II: For startups seeking angel investments
Similar to the Lounge session for PE/VC targeting companies, here 10 select startups can make a 5-minute elevator pitch to 10 select angel investors.
A zone for informal networking and establishing contacts with entrepreneurs and investors over cocktails