8:00 am to 9:00 am
Tea & Registration
9:00am - 9:15am
Sahad P.V., Founder & Publisher, VCCircle Network
Panel I: Understanding The Hospital Anatomy
- Is Big Beautiful or small, regional and discipline focused plays more attractive?
- Daycare surgeries and hub-and-spoke model. What are the opportunities set in this space?
- M&A and consolidation: Large branded hospitals are busy scanning the market for smaller-sized hospitals to consolidate their bed strength. Are more Fortis-Wockhardt/Fortis-Malar Hospitals kind of deals in the offing?
- The big Asian market: Either organically or through M&As, Indian healthcare seems to be eyeing opportunities in the sub-continent, Asian, Middle-East region. Is it the diaspora advantage? How large is this play?
- Real estate business models. How to go asset-light?
Hari Buggana - MD, Evolvence India Life Sciences Fund (Moderator)
Rajen Padukone, CEO, Manipal Health Systems
Sandeep Naik - Co-Head, Apax Partners India
Siddharth Dhondiyal - Vice President, India Value Fund Advisors
Leo Puri - MD, Warburg Pincus India
Vishal Bali - CEO, Fortis Hospitals
Diagnostics Play: Potential, Regulatory Environment & Scale Challenges
G S K Velu - Vice Chairman, Metropolis Health Services Ltd.
Tea & Networking Break
New and innovative business models in healthcare delivery
Alistair Stranack - Partner, The Parthenon Group
Panel II: Diagnostics, Devices, Products: The Litmus Test
--With just a handful of large chains, diagnostics is still a much fragmented play. What is holding this sector back?
--Medical devices and products: What is the opportunity set in the medical devices play? Is there scope for genericisation in this space? What is the investor interest?
--Surgical products, implantables, blood products and stem cell products: What are the opportunities?
Avnish Bajaj - MD, Matrix Partners India (Moderator)
Dr. Ajay Aggarwal - Director, Diwan Chand Medical Services Pvt. Ltd.
Mayur Abhaya Srisrimal - President, LifeCell International
B N Manohar - CEO, Stempeutics Research Pvt Ltd
Shiraz Bugwadia - Director, o3 Capital
12:50pm- 2:00 pm
Lunch & Networking
Panel III: Healthcare Enablers
- Insurance penetration: How it will give a push to healthcare
- Affordable healthcare, telemedicine:How to democratize healthcare?
- Alternative therapy and pharma retail
- Cost arbitrage: With healthcare facilities in India at just one-third to even one-eighth its cost in western nations, what can be done to cash in on this opportunity
Ratan Jalan - CEO, Medium Healthcare (Moderator)
Prashanth Prakash - Partner, Accel India
Sanjay Singh - Founder, Swas Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
DA Prasanna, - CMD, Ecron Acunova
Rajesh Singhal - Managing Partner, Milestone Religare Investment Advisors Pvt Ltd.
Vikram Gupta - COO, IndiaVenture Advisors
Sanjay Arte - Partner, India Value Fund Advisors
3:10 pm - 4:20 pm
Tea & Networking
VCCircle Lounge is a new initiative from VCCircle where companies and investors can meet and network in a structured manner in a separate enclosure. Here companies can make their elevator pitch to a group of select private equity investors and venture capitalists, while investors can sell their funds to India's fastest growing enterprises.
Panel IV: VCCircle Faceoff: The Lingua Franca Of Medico-Entrepreneurs & Investors
- Do investors have the patience for a long-gestation play as hospitals typically need at least five years to start making money?
- Are investors willing to go beyond the month-on-month profitability approach and understand the social implications of running a healthcare business? Hospitals cannot turn away emergencies and may have to cross-subsidise poorer patients.
- Are investors able to add value in terms of mobilizing policy advocacy in this sector?
- Are doctors willing to don a CEO’s hat or are open to separate the role of medical head and business head?
A.K. Purwar - Chairman, IndiaVenture Advisors (Moderator)
K. Ravindranath - MD, Global Hospitals Ltd.
B.Bhaskar Rao - MD, Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Ltd.
Rajiv Sharma - CEO, Sterling Hospitals
Darius Pandole - Partner, New Silk Route Advisors
Dr Dharminder Nagar, MD, Paras Hospital
VCCircle introduces Unwind, an informal networking zone over cocktails