Session 1: Classic Challenges for Successful Leaders
The classic challenges that come with success in leadership – and how to use ‘what to stop’ in coaching.
• Learning ‘what to stop’ as a leader and how to use ‘what to stop’ in coaching.
• An amazingly simple system to help leaders change dysfunctional behavior
• Why What Got You Here Won’t Get You There
Feedforward – a positive process for learning that has been successfully implemented around the world
• The rules for feedforward
• The feedforward interactive exercise
• Why feedforward works around the world
Session 2: A Proven Model for Developing Yourself as a Leader
A proven model for leadership development that is backed by award-winning research from over 86,000 respondents
• Asking for input from key stakeholders
• Listening in a non-defensive manner
• Thinking and analyzing input
• Thanking stakeholder and avoiding ‘punishing the messenger’
• Responding to input in a positive, simple, focused and fast way
• Involving key stakeholder in your development as a leader
• Changing behavior in a way that lasts and is recognized
• Following up- to ensure lasting change
• Changing perception as well as changing behavior
• “Leadership Is a Contact Sport”: The Impact of Feedback and Follow-Up on Leadership Effectiveness
Stakeholder Centered Coaching – the essence of Dr. Goldsmith’s coaching process that can help build leaders and their teams.
• When behavioral coaching will not work
• Steps in the coaching process
• Agreement on guidelines
• Selection of stakeholders
• Collecting data
• Selecting key areas for change
• Building in follow-up
• Measuring success
• The ‘Is it worth it?’ exercise
• Team Building without Time Wasting
Session 3: The Six Question Process & the Leader as Facilitator
- The Six Question Process for coaching managers.
- The Leader as Facilitator – a case study of success and how it applied to the leader of the future.
• A new approach to employee engagement
• The daily question process
• The power of active questions
• A proven process to build engagement
Session 4: Helping Successful Leader Get Even Better: Developing Ourselves, Our People & Our Teams
• What keeps us from becoming the person we want to be?
• How daily questions – and especially active questions – can lead to increased individual effectiveness and improved employee engagement
Session 5: Exclusive Session
The Future of Executive Coach - Marshall Goldsmith’s Perspective