Whether it’s managing a portfolio, preparing for an imminent merger or acquisition, or marveling over the newest dollar figure attached to a tech wunderkind, valuation is the key to parsing and understanding the numbers.
Taught by Dr. Bala G. Dharan, one of the leaders in the field, the Applied 1-day valuation program is designed to help finance executives, accountants, financial consultants, and investors learn applied business valuation techniques and practices that are needed to successfully implement valuation concepts in practice. Applied techniques and implementation issues are addressed for key valuation steps such as cash flow forecasting, cost of capital and terminal value, and for emerging valuation areas for India such as technology and intellectual property (IP) valuation.
Emphasis is placed on learning valuation techniques and discussing examples of implementation from practice.
The programme will be highly interactive. Overview:
- The material will be presented using lecture, class exercises, and case analysis
- Active learning via class discussions by participants will be emphasized
- Participants will also work in-class on selected problems and cases in small groups
- Personal Learning in which delegates consider next steps for their business
- Participants receive a Personal Workbook filled with planning tools and practical tips
Why Should You Attend?
- Get the inside track of cash flow forecasting
- Learn critical principles of valuation
- Understand difference between valuation of Traditional vs Tech Startups
- Deep dive into Intellectual Property Valuation
- Using value multipliers and comparable transactions
- Quality-of-earnings analysis and preparing normalized earnings for financial due diligence
- Off-balance sheet liabilities, complex financing methods, and their relevance for valuation
- Applied techniques for the valuation of technology companies and intellectual property
- Taxation considerations for business combination and valuation
- Transfer pricing and taxation applications of valuation techniques
Who Should Attend?
- Equity research professionals
- Corporate Financial Officers
- GM/VP/AVP/Manager M&A
- CFOs, Treasurers and Senior Finance Executives
- Executives of M&A Team
- Directors of Strategic Planning
- Commercial Bankers
- Portfolio Managers -Corporate Restructuring
- Fund Managers